|Box Car Racer|
|Box Car Racer|
|Released||May 21, 2002 (CD Release), July 2010 (Vinyl)|
|Recorded|| December 2001 at Signature Sound, San Diego, California|
Larrabee Studios West, Hollywood, California
O'Henry Studios, Burbank, California
|Length||Length may vary|
|Genre||Pop punk, Alternative rock|
|Produced by||Jerry Finn|
Take Off Your Pants and Jacket
The one and only album recorded by Box Car Racer
Track listingEditAll songs written and composed by Tom DeLonge and Travis Barker, and arranged by Box Car Racer.
|Box Car Racer|
|1.||"I Feel So"||4:29|
|2.||"All Systems Go"||3:15|
|3.||"Watch the World"||3:52|
|5.||"Cat Like Thief" (feat. Tim Armstrong and Jordan Pundik)||4:20|
|7.||"Letters to God"||3:17|
|8.||"My First Punk Song"||1:04|
|11.||"The End with You"||3:11|
|12.||"Elevator" (feat. Mark Hoppus)||2:45|
Box Car RacerEdit
- Produced by Jerry Finn
- Mixed by Rich Costey
- Engineered by Joe McGrath
- Arranged by Box Car Racer
- Illustrators by Marcos Orozco and Tim Stedman
- Marcos Orozco and Tim Stedman – Photographers
- Roger Joseph Manning, Jr. - Keyboards
- Mark Hoppus - additional vocals on "Elevator"
- Tim Armstrong - additional vocals on "Cat Like Thief"
- Jordan Pundik - additional vocals on "Cat Like Thief"
- On the cassette tape edition of the album, "Instrumental" is replaced with the instrumental version of "I Feel So".
- Tom said that he often sees Box Car Racer misspelled as Boxcar Racer on the internet.
- In interviews, Tom DeLonge has remarked that recording sessions for the album were difficult for him, due to the fact that he was experiencing severe back pain at the time.
- On the inside spine on the Box Car Racer CD case, the words "'Chaos often breeds life, when order breeds habit.' Henry Brooks Adams (1838-1918), The education of Henry Adams, 1907" are written. The quote is the same as the one tattooed around Travis Barker's neck.
- On the back of the CD insert, in faint text, the coordinates "LN W 13 01 1", which means longitude west 13 01 1 degrees. Without the latitude, however, it is impossible to pinpoint an exact location on a globe. If you put the coordinates 'LN W 13 01 1' on Google Earth, it will take you to Manhattan, New York, which is most likely where the story takes place.
- In the CD insert, the song "Cat Like Thief" is referred to as "Don't Leave Her" when stating Tim Armstrong had provided additional lyrics. Also Armstrong's lyrics are not present in the lyrics section.
- At shows the band played a cover of the song "Mandy", which was written by Scott English and was popularized by Barry Manilow.
- At shows they also played "Dance With Me", a song about love with a girl, and it was written by Tom DeLonge.
- DeLonge has said at concerts that "Elevator" was written about the events of September 11, 2001.
- The humorous "My First Punk Song" pays tribute to early hardcore punk bands that inspired DeLonge, such as Black Flag, and is one of the only recordings to step away from the album's original storyline. It also is played by Tom DeLonge and his newest band Angels & Airwaves on their 2008 North American and UK Tour
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.